The River Center Eventorium is full of Des Moines history. The building was originally constructed in 1915 as the third expansion of the Des Moines Brewing Company complex, which served as a warehouse facility. The Des Moines Brewery opened for business in 1908, and closed with the implementation of Prohibition laws in the 1920s.
After the Brewery closed, the facility transitioned into The Green Foundry and Furnace Company. The furnace company closed in the 1980s, and the building became a door manufacturing facility. Throughout the 1990s, the space was utilized by the Iowa Supply Company. In recent years, multiple remodels were attempted to convert the space into a restaurant area.
In 2017, the space transformed into the River Center. The River Center venue was designed to honor the history of the building, featuring high ceilings, exposed brick walls, and reclaimed wood. The River Center offers guests a large main floor, sizeable mezzanine which overlooks the main floor, a private suite, and covered outdoor patio. Antique light fixtures illuminate the entire facility for any event, from weddings and banquets to trade shows and conventions. Throughout the venue, industrial influences blend seamlessly with the historic charm, creating a rustic elegance unlike any other!